Be part of something special!
Mint Nails Spa & Studio is looking for talented and special individuals that want to be a part of something new, bold and creative in the Valley.
Mint Nails offers a clean, sanitary and environmentally safe environment and wants you to be part of the conscious nail salon movement.
Nail Artist Professionals
***Must work weekends Thursday through Sunday & willing to commute to the Biltmore area***
We’re located in a High Traffic area with lots of walk-ins with great customers, no stress & drama-free environment.
You are a licensed and experienced nail technician registered with the Arizona State Board of Cosmetology. You also have a flair for the creative and innovative and want to try new things. If this fits your description join our team!
We will provide all of your supplies and products. You don’t have to pay for a thing. The products we use have fewer toxic chemicals, and have never been tested on animals, which makes it a safe and socially conscious for you to work with.
Reports to: Owner/Salon Manager
Compensation: Starting pay ranging from $9.50 to $13 per hour + Plus 100% Tips
Main Responsibilities & Duties include:
- Service with a smile++. You excel at Customer Service. In fact, it’s your middle name. Satisfy each guest with special requests and handle any complaints.
- Excellent services and treatments including: traditional manicure (cuticle trimming, nail clipping, polishing), pedicures, gel manicure, acrylic services, foot and leg massages, scrubs and paraffin alternative treatments.
- Can work fast! Our basic manicure and pedicure treatments are 30 minutes to about 1.5 hours. Timing can be improved as you work here, but you have the basics down to work at a fast pace with your previous salon experience.
- Innovative and Creative. We want you to excel and introduce our clients to the latest designer nail art and trends or be trendsetters in the field.
- Be the expert. As a Nail Artist Professional own the title and be knowledgeable about all treatments and services offered at Mint Nails.
- Be safe. Be able to recognize any nail diseases according to the Arizona State Board of Cosmetology.
- Be sanitary. Maintain and clean the provided tools, using the approved sterilization method according to the Arizona State Board of Cosmetology. You will also be responsible for the sanitation of the pedicure bowls and manicure workstation.
- Social Media guru. Show off that amazing work you did on our social media pages. We’ll supply the camera; you just take the time to take a photo for us. We’ll showcase it and tag your personal account so you can take full credit and build up your portfolio.
- Stock items and let management know what items are needed for inventory.
- Able to perform opening and closing duties.
- Participate in staff training, salon events and weekly meetings
- Frequent lifting up to 10 lbs. to pick up pedicure bowls, boxes of product used to service and stock our retail shelves. Occasional lifting of 10-25 lbs. to assist with any unloading of shipment of products.
- Continuous standing throughout the day to perform job related functions.
- Continuous sitting or bending down to service manicure and pedicure treatments.
- Frequent walking to greet guests as they enter and exit the salon.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in services performed in the salon. We will supply medical facemasks, gloves if needed.
- Occasional climbing of ladder/step stool to help stock shelves, retrieve products and maintain salon.
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding services offered and requested and the customer’s needs and wants.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills necessary to read and complete company forms and other documents, read product instructions and prepare daily close-out documents.
- Fun. Innovative. Creative. We don’t want to be a cookie cutter nail salon. We want to break the mold and be different.
- Lots of opportunity for growth. Our salon right now is small and offers only mani/pedi services. We want to grow to add a brow bar, esthetician services and piercings. See bullet point above, last sentence.
- We love social media. We won’t mind if you share your work on your personal Facebook page or write a blog about your experience as a nail professional. In fact, we highly encourage it. We want to help you build your portfolio and grow your clientele. Just make sure you tag us and use #GetMinted #MintCondition.
- No Drama! We mean it. If your life is like an episode of the Kardishians, maybe you should audition there. Leave the drama at the door when you enter our salon
- Cool boss. My mission is not to be another business owner that makes a profit, but to service the community and make a difference in the Valley. My plan is to one day provide scholarships to future Nail Artists that just needs a chance to realize their dream. I want educational training classes sponsored by various local professional organizations and non-profits at our salon. I want to help support local animal, domestic abuse and children causes in the Valley by donating money, time or volunteering as a team. And one day I want to open a 2nd salon and have your name as a co-owner.
If you want to be part of something exciting, new and different in the Valley, email your resume to Shallana@mintnailspa.com.